Tuesday 23 June 2009

An introduction..

Well, it would be rude not to introduce myself, wouldn't it?

The more astute ones amongst you are probably aware that by clicking onto this very site, you've found a blog dedicated to the goings on at Torquay United, and it's been created by yours truly, Shaun Murphy. Welcome to you.

I'm an aspiring Sports Journalist, studying Sports Writing at Southampton Solent University.

But what makes me qualified to write about the trials and tribulations of Torquay United?

Well, I've been a fan of the Gulls for years now - ever since I can remember in fact. And throughout that time I've seen my fair share of drama.

I've been there through most of the highs - from THAT dramatic last day escape at Underhill to the sheer ecstasy of promotion at Roots Hall in 2004.

Then, of course, there was Wembley. The day where we finally made it back into the Football League after a two year absence. And what a day it was.

There's been lows too - and plenty of them. Relegations? Try two of them - Layer Road and our very own Plainmoor saw us sink to League Two and the depths of Non-League respectively.

Throw in a couple of other Wembley appearances, some pulsating cup-ties, play-off heartbreak, a con-man chairman, a manager who quite literally lasted 10 minutes, and some long away days (Rochdale on a cold Tuesday night, I was there!) and you could say I've earned my stripes as a fan, so to speak.

So there you have it. This is my chance to let off steam about anything and everything TUFC related, be it Buckle's latest blunder, or Nicky Wroe's latest masterclass in midfield. Rarely is there a dull moment at Plainmoor, and with our return to League Two fast approaching, now seemed as good a time as any to begin my delirious ramblings.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment